It’s June 1st and the year is half-full. Where were you 6 months ago? How are your New Year’s
Resolutions Goals? If you’ve fallen off the wagon and need a swift kick, know this: motivation starts with hydration. And your glass should be more than half-full.
Most of us already know the drinking water does the body good. Most of us are quick to write up a laundry-list of health goals. Easy. The challenging part is actually staying on track. If you’ve ever fallen off the wellness-wagon, it’s probably because you were in a bad mood, tired, confused, or hungry. Guess what was missing? Water. What a coincidence! Note the signs of mild dehydration:
- Deflated mood
- Poor concentration & judgement
- Excessive hunger and cravings
The lesson here? Healthy habits start with proper hydration. How much is enough? Experts recommend 6 – 8 glasses per day. Honestly, you need discover what’s right for you while keeping these signs of mild dehydration in mind. If your water bottle isn’t yet your right-hand man, try these tips:
- Drink one glass of water first thing in the morning. It will replenish fluids used overnight. Plus, it will establish a healthy base in your gut for the day.
- Infuse water with citrus. Water can get boring, especially midday. Squeeze a lemon, lime, or orange wedge in for a flavor-spark, plus vitamins.
- Sip water before and during a meal. It’s regulates digestion. Don’t wait until afterwards when you’ll likely be full and skip it.
- Keep a bottle of water on you throughout the day. When you face the typical midday slump, drink some water before you attack a post-lunch snack.
I’m going to stay busy taking my own advice, and I encourage you to try as well. Summer’s here and I want to feel damn good. Let me know how you do. Stay motivated… stay hydrated!